Undoubtedly, leather and eco-leather bags are the most sought-after option when you want a piece with style and quality that complements a look. These fashion accessories offer different features, so just one is not enough, vintage or modern wallets, bags are just the tip of the iceberg.
But do you know the difference between these two materials? Today we bring everything about them so you can choose the best alternative.
What is better leather or eco-leather?
There is no single answer, it all depends on your tastes and what you really want. While the leather pieces have more resistant characteristics, it is usually made of thick and durable material, the leather pieces, on the other hand, are more subtle, equally resistant but with much finer finishes.
Of course, it all depends on the curing process, the characteristics of the material, and the finishes that you want to achieve. This is why both materials, often taken as synonyms when it comes to leather goods, are used in such a wide variety of products.
Vintage, classic or modern bags, backpacks, briefcases, hand bags, and with this we only refer to one category, but garments and accessories occupy much more space.
The problem with the leather
Don’t be scared, leather bags have great features such as durability, versatility, strength, style, quality to name just a few. The problem when a material encompasses so many positive features is that counterfeiting begins. That is why we want to give you some advice so that you know with certainty what you are buying.
- The first and most practical thing is to buy bags made of this material at a reputable store that can give you advice before deciding to buy.
- You can also trust your sense of touch, this is one of the most important to recognize genuine leather, when you touch the product you will see that it is soft, smooth, and flexible, imitations are the opposite.
Tips to take care of your leather and leather bags
Regardless of whether they are quality pieces, these fashion accessories need certain care so that the use and passage of time are not noticed.
- Store your leather and leather bags inside a cotton cover to protect them.
- If you are not going to use it for some time, fill it with paper to prevent it from deforming.
- Do not expose it too much to the sun, it can discolor, and do not expose it to water because it can stain.
- With a dry cotton cloth or soft cloth, you can clean it without any problem.
- Moisturize it at least once a year with a gentle body cream that does not contain alcohol or oils.
- Fashion accessories begin to form part of us, they become a special object, so knowing its characteristics and how to take care of it is essential.